Vinh Phuc in brief
- Area: 1,373.2 sq. km.
- Population: 1,180.4 thousand habitants (2006)
- Capital: Vinh Yen City.
- Administrative divisions:
- Town: Phuc Yen
- Districts: Lap Thach, Tam Duong, Binh Xuyen, Vinh Tuong, Yen Lac, Me Linh, Tam Dao.
- Ethnic groups: Viet (Kinh), San Diu, San Chay, Tay...
Located in the Plains and Midland in the North Vietnam, Vinh Phuc Province is surrounded by Tuyen Quang and Thai Nguyen provinces in the north, Hanoi in the east, Ha Tay Province in the south, and Phu Tho Province in the west.
Topography includes midland, plain, and low hill. There are four large rivers: Hong (Red), Lo, Pho Day, and Ca Lo. On the north, Tam Dao range is natural provincial line between Thai Nguyen and Vinh Phuc. On the south, Hong (Red) River separates Vinh Phuc from Ha Tay.
When to go?
Vinh Phuc has favorable conditions of climate. Annual average temperature is 23.4ºC. Especially, Tam Dao Mountains is in a vast high mountainous region affected by tropical humid monsoons with average temperature of 21ºC.
Road, waterway, railway are very convenient. Vinh Phuc is on railway route: Hanoi- Vinh Phuc- Phu Tho- Yen Bai- Lao Cai. There is National Highway No.2 linking to Phu Tho. Vinh YenCity is 63km from Hanoi, about 30km from Noi Bai International Airport.
- Vinh Phuc attracts lot of tourists to various following beautiful landscapes. Tam Dao Tourist Resort is an ideal summer resort in the North, located 900m above sea-level. It is a wonderful resort with fresh, pure and cooling air, beautiful scenery. Many modern accommodations are built here to serve tourists.
- Nearby, Tam Dao National Park is unforgettable address. The vegetation cover is representative of five types of tropical forest. The flora consists of 904 species and the rich fauna includes 307 species.
- At the foot of Tam Dao Mountain, Dai Lai Lake is an artificially created lake. Dai Lai is blessed with a favorable climate, cool summer and warm winter. Over the lake lies a 3-hectare island which is home of difference kinds of birds. Tourists also enjoy panoramic view of the lake from top of Than Lan Mountain.
- Located 90km from Tam Dao, Tay Thien Site is well-known with beauty of forests, streams, waterfalls, and grottoes.